I’ve got a little jingle in my step these days… Christmas is less than two months away now! Who else is crazy excited?! One of my favorite things about the holiday season is baking with my girls and today I’m sharing my favorite Christmas cookie recipe for Easy Spritz Cookies.
Guess what is even better than just one Christmas cookie recipe? Lots of them! I’m participating in Maryann from Domestically Speaking’s Christmas Cookie Week so be sure to check out them all out all of the yummy holiday cookie recipes at the end of the post.
My sister is the baker in our family, but these Christmas Spritz cookies are the one cookie that I am the master of. I can still remember helping my mom make these cookies and now I’m passing that along to my girls.
The one thing every good spritz cookie needs is a cookie press. I love this Wilton Cookie Press. It does a great job and you can use it year after year! It comes with all sorts of plates that you can use to make any shape you wish, but I love the classic tree.
Add some sprinkles and your tree is fully decorated!
Grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- On low speed, mix in the flour and salt. Turn up to high speed and beat until completely combined.
- Using a cookie press (use the tree plate), pipe trees about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Top with colored sprinkles.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Easy Spritz Cookies (not pictured)