Hello, Uncommon Design Readers! It’s Rachel again from R & R Workshop. I’m excited to share a fun kids craft with you today! I love doing crafts with my kids and these DIY Quilted Easter Baskets are an easy craft for kids and a perfect craft for Easter!
I found these cute baskets at Target for $3 each and knew they would be a fun craft. We decided decorate them with scrapbook paper for Easter baskets, but they will also be used the rest of the year too. They will be perfect to hold trinkets, art supplies and more. Lets get started!
You will need:
Cardboard basket- I found mine at Target
Scrapbook Paper- I used Now & Then from My Minds Eye
Optional: Wooden Monogram & paint
1. Pick 4 or 5 different styles of paper to use. Cut into squares or rectangles. Or any shape you want 🙂
2.Decide the order you want or just randomly place them onto the box. My son decide on more of a random pattern.
Put modge podge onto box and place your pieces of scrapbook paper on. Once you are done with one side, paint a coat of modge podge over the top of it to hold it into place.
3. On the sides with the handle, place your scrapbook paper pieces around the handles as best you can. Cut an extra piece to go over the top to cover the box.
5. If you choose, add a monogram onto basket. I hot glued the E onto the box so it would hold better. My son decided he wanted his letter E painted navy blue.
I made one for my daughter and added her monogram to her basket as well! I like how personalized these are and how easy this craft is for kids to do.
You can add some paper grass & eggs and you are all ready for Easter. After Easter is over- use the baskets to store your kid’s favorite things, books or art supplies!
Any craft that is functional.. is awesome in my book!
Here are more Easter craft ideas:
I hope you stop by R & R Workshop and follow on:
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Uncommon Designs
Hey y'all! I am Trish and the creative voice behind Uncommon Designs. I adore party planning, holiday celebrations, and all things crafty! I am so excited to share my creative adventures with you!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Easy Leopard Painted Pumpkin - October 18, 2021
- Embroidered Swedish Dishcloths - May 3, 2020
- Easter Egg Decorating Party - March 21, 2020
Leave a Reply