Hey y’all! We are just so excited to have Shannah from Just Us Four back today sharing her delicious creamy cornbread recipe. This will be perfet to serve at your holiday meals this year. It will also make a great dish it you need one for a pot luck dinner. Take it away Shannah!
Hi everyone! Shannah, from Just Us Four, back this month to share with you the perfect recipe to go along beside all the chili and hearty soups you are probably eating now that the weather is so cold. My creamy cornbread recipe is simple but goes way beyond your standard cornbread.
I like to keep recipes as simple as I can so this one starts with a cornbread mix. We just dress it up with all kinds of extras to make it so delicious. We have this for little snacks throughout the day or as a side to chili for dinner.
1 box cornbread mix
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
4 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
1 1/2 cans cream style corn
2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp chopped chives
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a small pan, melt butter. Add cream cheese and cook, over medium low heat, until cream cheese is melted. Let cool slightly.
3) In a bowl, combine cornbread mix, butter mixture, corn, eggs and 2 Tbsp chives. Stir well to combine. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining chives.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool before slicing.
I made this cornbread recently and even my 4 year old couldn’t get enough. It is so creamy and delicious.
If you are looking for other easy recipes, I have a lot of popular ones on my blog like these two
One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Easy Leopard Painted Pumpkin - October 18, 2021
- Embroidered Swedish Dishcloths - May 3, 2020
- Easter Egg Decorating Party - March 21, 2020
Leave a Reply